Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Farrah & Joshua Wedding, Part 2: Ceremony

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this post...  I've been waiting until I had more pictures, and life has just been busy...

The ceremony and reception for Farrah and Joshua was beautiful and God-honoring.  It was so special to be included in the moment when these two were united as man and wife.

Farrah waiting to go into the sanctuary.



The music chosen was so beautiful, and it was played perfectly.  We were so blessed in the friends who served in this way!


Praying in the hall before entering the sanctuary.


Meanwhile, it's filling up in there...


Now we are corralled in one of the staircases by the front door, instead of getting to welcome the guests as they arrive.


It seemed to take a long time for everyone to get inside so that we could come out of hiding.


Seating of the grandparents... Left:  Mamaw and Bompa, right:  Benjamin (Joshua's brother) and Grammy.

PaPa and Grandmother.

My dear parents.

Pastor Morgan and Joshua.

I'm not going to post pictures of all the bridesmaids and groomsman coming in, but Joanna and Evan are an exception.  Can you guess who this smile is for?

 Yes, she's smiling at Evan.  :)  You see, just the day before the wedding, he asked her a very special question, and she was thrilled to say "Yes!"

(I'm not sure why I always stare off into space for pictures...  Anyway, the ceiling was very pretty.)





Excitement mounts for everyone (including the Anna-Frances, who got stage fright), as the doors are closed behind the flower girls, and we wait for Farrah to come in with Daddy.





Here comes the bride!



Last minute advice and encouragement...



"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"
"Her mother and I."


"Here she is, Joshua."



Pastor Morgan preached a short, excellent message about marriage, and the Gospel.









After the ceremony, Joshua and Farrah sang.  It was glorious!


Matter of fact, it was so glorious (and so brought home the fact that Farrah was leaving), that I about burst into tears.  As it was, a dear relative kindly ran a tissue up to LilyAnn, who then handed it to Glory, who handed it to me, and I dutifully held it the rest of the service without once realizing that I even had it in my hand!


There was a season of prayer when both sets of parents asked the Lord's blessing and guidance for the newlyweds.


They decided to have their very first kiss in private, instead of in the sanctuary.

"My bouquet?  What am I supposed to do with that?"
To my surprise (and the maid-of-honor's confusion), Farrah didn't take her bouquet back;
but then...



We found out why!  She wanted that free hand to hang onto her husband as he ran out the door with her!
(In fact, he took the photographer by surprise, which is why this photo is a little blurry.)  :)



These two were definitely the happiest pair, besides the new couple...


Okay, this guy needs to learn how to accommodate his stride to a lady's...  Talk about seven-league boots!



And I think William needed a little help walking straight...  At least he got that figured out at the next wedding!
Once we could all see clearly again (some of us were afflicted with a certain mistiness of sight), we headed outside for pictures.  I won't share all of them, but you can see the best ones over at Captured Grace Photography.

(Yay!  For once in my life, I am looking at the camera!)




May the Lord richly bless you both, Joshua and Farrah!  Thank you for your love, purity of heart toward each other, and the way you have honored the Lord throughout your lives.  May you grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ as you now pursue the upward way together.

No comments:

Post a Comment