Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

Picnic on the Ichetucknee

I know this blog post is terribly late, but I wanted to share it anyway.

For Evan's and Justice's birthday, we took a family trip down the Ichetucknee River.  One canoe and about five inflatable innertubes carried our whole family down the river.  Well, several members swam most of the way, but of course they could rest holding onto the rafts or canoe whenever they needed to, or switch with someone on a tube.



We had a nice picnic in the parking lot before we went down the stream.


While some set out the food, others blew up the tubes we would be using, and I babysat Frank.
(My job was the most fun!)

 "What are you doing, Savana?"

"Taking more pictures of me?  I'm the photographer here!"

 "Oh well, there's room for both of us!"

Then I was deposed, and someone gave me a pair of floaties to blow up.


"Alayna's chewing on a floatie, so I can chew on the camera..."

Back to Frank...

"NO!  I do not need goggles to take pictures!"

 
"This is much better...  These things are fun to look at, but not to wear!"


 "Hmmm...  What is this stuff?"

"I don't know, but it sure is good!"

 One of the birthday boys with his favorite summer treat!



Little Missy enjoyed herself immensely, especially the pretzels!  She was on my tube for our first trip down the run, and made the trip so much more fun.



Sadly, I don't have any pictures of our trip on the river, as of course Savana did not take her camera down the river.  It was a great trip, especially since we were all able to go together as a family.  I am increasingly thankful to the Lord for these times together.

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."


Psalm 84:11

No comments:

Post a Comment