Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Family Hiking Trip!

Well, the cooler weather has come, at least, for a few days, and we took advantage of it to have a family hike in Gothe State Park.



First, we went down the Big Cypress Trail, and saw a huge cypress tree, approximately 970 years old.

Checking out the information on the sign.


Mr. Energy with his airplane...

The queen and her humble carrier.


Oh, here he comes again!

Mama and Daddy...

"Wow, that's a huge tree!"


(The pictures don't show its size.)


"Why am I down here?"

"I'm not so sure about this idea..."

"If I smile, will you pick me up again?"

"Yay!  It worked!  Bo rescued me!"

Here comes William too!
 Okay, the big tree was amazing.  Now off to climb around the interesting part of Gothe- the old sinkholes!

This is the warm-up hill.



Now to go down the 30' hill...


Mama and Daddy stayed on the trail.
 

But Mama still found some rocks to jump off!


LilyAnn at the base of a "huge cliff".

And, in Florida, it's hard to get away from the swamps...

"Uh oh, it's a long way down..."

"I don't think I want to let go!"

"Help!"

 Rescued by Daddy; all is well!

 
What a great way to spend a Friday afternoon- enjoying God's beautiful creation!
 
"The works of the Lord are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein."
(Psalm 111:2) 


No comments:

Post a Comment